Thursday, July 14, 2011

Julian Bakery Bread

I really can't believe that I haven't blogged about this sooner. Attention!  Attention! This is the best thing that has ever happened in my low carb life. For reals.  This is bread that is only 1 net carb per slice.  And they are normal sized slices!! 

My sister (of course) told me about this bread.  While I was out visiting her earlier this year, she let me eat up all her low carb bread making french toast, normal toast, grilled cheese sandwiches, breaded chicken and so much more!  You feel so normal when you're able to just have a sandwich, ya know!?

The bread is made by Julian Bakery (Click on the name to go to their website) They have an awesome website.  You can order their bread straight from their website.  The bread that I buy (which is the bread in the picture) is 7.99 a loaf on their site.  Julian Bakery also offers TONS of different low carb bread and gluten free bread!  They have cinnamon raisin bread, sour dough bread, corn bread and a couple other types of bread too. 

One of my favorite features of their website is the "Where to buy" tab (click on the link to take you straight to this page).  You enter in your area code and it will find the store closest to you that sells their bread.  I don't live in a particularly large town, but there was a store only 20 mins away from me that sold it!  They even sold it cheaper than if I bought the bread from Julian Bakery's website! Awesome. 

Trust me, this bread is so worth it!  And it makes you feel normal.  Thank goodness for low carb bread!

Julian Bakery's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/julianbakery?sk=wall

6 comments:

Beth said...

Yes! It is amazing!!! I love to make the most AMAZING bread pudding with it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've heard a ton of men and women say this. Is is mainly because of insulins having much better? Please elaborate. Also, what was a standard, common blood sugar range around 25 years ago? I know it varies from person to person but I keep hearing how a great deal simpler diabetes is to manage nowadays (and I can tell you it truly is! ) and I was just wondering how bad it truly was years ago. Thanks for reading!.
Also visit my blog post http://brymb33xde.blogbaker.com/

Anonymous said...

Anyone have low fat dessert recipes?
Feel free to surf my page :: low fat food recipes

Anonymous said...

Excellent post however I ωas wаnting to know
if yоu could write a litte more on this subject?
I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Many thanks!
Here is my blog post how to win a guy back ebook 2

Unknown said...

I found the website and it was crazy expensive when you add in the shipping. I also used the "locate" tool and found a store near me. I was so excited I took off at lunch and raced down to the store to buy a loaf. "The Honeytree" in Tallahassee. They had the Almond bread and I picked out a loaf and took it to the counter to check out and I almost fell over when the lady said "that'll be $16.49" I thought to myself, that's a lot of money, but if it's as good as you say it is, maybe it will be worth it.... I hurried back to the office and set it out to thaw (yes, it was frozen). I was finally able to separate a piece from the loaf. I put it in the toaster for about 2 minutes and out a little butter on it and took a bite.... There is no words to describe how TERRIBLE it was. Please don't waste your money. HORRIBLE is not a strong enough word. I am just out nearly $17.00. I can't get a refund. I'm so terribly disappointed. I plan to try and make some Carbquik biscuits tonight to try and quell my bread craving. Not sure I even want to feed this terrible stuff to the birds or squirrels. Don't want them to hate me.

Anonymous said...

Julian Bakery anything is horrible tasting and EXPENSIVE! Don't waste your time.