|Picture from ATX Gluten Free|
1-3 net carbs per mug
- 1 large microwave safe coffee mug
- 4 tablespoons Carbquik (or any other low carb flour substitute)
- 4 tablespoons Splenda (or sugar substitute)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (or melted sugar free chocolate chips)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or 2 tbs heavy cream 1 tbs water)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: pinch ground coffee, dark chocolate chips
- 1 small pinch of baking soda and salt
Grease a coffee mug with oil or cooking spray. Place all ingredients in mug and mix with fork to combine ingredients, but don’t over-mix. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. The cake might look like it is overflowing from mug, but it will settle. Cooking time depends on microwave strength, but the standard is 1 minute and 30 seconds; with 3 minutes being on the higher end. Final product should be moist.
Seriously. so. good.